Our volunteers make a huge contribution to support us to be sustainable. They provide a wide range of talents, skills and knowledge to make sure we can deliver our services locally and nationally. We also gain support from the community in various ways. This can be anything from donating unwanted items, making us cakes, buying from our shop or donating some of their time. Some of our suppliers also support us by donating end of line or damaged items that our volunteers repair and upcycle.
All of our activities are available to be seen at our unique shop which is set in the past. Making us a place where people can visit, ask our advice, try out the activities for themselves or with their loved ones to make sure they are suitable. We would rather not sell an item if we think it isn’t suitable. As a community led organisation we are ethical about what we do rather than in it for the money!
For each purchase you make through Mindful Gifts CIC you are also supporting us to do the great work we do for people with dementia, making your ‘gift of giving’ going wider than the person you are giving it to! support us
Mindful Gifts CIC is a ‘not for profit’ organisation and any surplus that we make on our Aquapaints is reinvested to support the great work we do for people with dementia. This includes delivering daily activities and tea parties in our unique shop that is set in the past. When we get care homes bring residents to our shop we always find that getting the Aquapaints out is always a great hit, as everyone can have a go regardless of their impairment or ability. We are mainly run by volunteers and each order is carefully packed and posted by our volunteers who are passionate about making a difference. support us
we are based in a real shop where you can visit and get advice about the range of activities we have available and the suitability for your specific needs. As a ‘not for profit’ organisation we keep our prices as low as possible and reinvest any surplus to support us to do the great work we do for people with dementia. This includes delivering daily activities, tea parties, giving talks in the community, and providing a unique shop that is set in the past that can be accessed in order to bring back memories.
2616 people accessed our activities and we provided 2400 activity and support hours. Activities we provided included Rag Rug Making, Crocheting and Vintage Tea Parties. We provide 66 volunteer work placements helping to build self esteem…. Service User comments included ” The shop lifts your spirit completely and makes you go home with a smile on your face”… ” We have a lot of laughs and recall a lot of good memories” …
Just some of the good things Mindful Gifts has done to make a difference!
- Support the environment: Distribute recycled bags made out of unwanted material (Friends of the Earth)
- Recycle and upcycle all donated items (95%)
- Promote unwanted items to be donated instead of going to landfill
- Give value for money and affordable items
- Promote a cohesive community
- Encourage ‘out of town’ visitors to the town
- Support well-being: Create volunteer opportunities
- Run daily activities that enable to learn something new, keep the mind active and encourage social mixing
- Specialise in meaningful activities for people with dementia
- Encourage social mixing across the community
- Give information, advice and sign posting about a range of health-related issues
- Provide a unique facility which prompts memories and a welcoming atmosphere to relax
- Provide a listening ear, help and moral support for people who are worried or are in need of help Safe place to visit Promote improved spoken English language